"You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You've got to get out there and make it happen for yourself"
Did you know...
1. Diana Ernestine Earle Ross was born on March 26, 1944 in Detroit, Michigan.
3. According to Ms. Ross, her mother actually named her "Diane" but a clerical error resulted in her name being recorded as "Diana" on her birth certificate.
2. One of her childhood neighbor's was fellow American singer/songwriter Smokey Robinson.
4. Diana Ross dated Gene Simmons, bass guitarist and singer for the band Kiss, from 1980 to 1983. They began dating after Cher, who had dated Gene Simmons and remained friends following their break-up, suggested he ask her friend Diana Ross to help him choose her Christmas present that year. In his autobiography, Gene Simmons states that he was not dating Cher when he met Diana Ross. She ended her relationship with Simmons when he gave her the wrong impression that he had resumed his relationship with Cher. All three have remained friends throughout the decades since their love lives had intertwined.
5. The Guinness Book of World Records declared her the most successful female music artist in history due to her success in the United States and United Kingdom for having more hits than any other female artist with a career total of 70 hit singles with her work with the Supremes and as a solo artist and she was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as member of the Supremes alongside Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson, in 1988.
6. Her lookalike daughter actress Tracee Ellis Ross (born Tracee Joy Silberstein) plays Dr. Rainbow Johnson on ABC's 'Black-ish'.
To learn more about the supreme Miss Ross, check out 'Secrets of a Sparrow' by Diana Ross or one of my all-time favourite movies 'Mahogany'