Friday, December 18, 2015

AT THE TABLE: Eggnog Pound Cake


Sir Paul once sang that he got by with a little help from his friends and it rang true for me too this week when I found myself in the kitchen with a few cups of eggnog and the lovely Jessica Gordon Ryan on my iPad!
We are trying our hardest to get into the Christmas spirit around here but it hasn't been easy without a trace of snow on the ground and spring-like temps greeting us every morning
(And I'm complaining why exactly??)
I thought since I can't really control the 'jolly' levels outside of the house maybe I could fill every corner of the inside with scents synonymous with Christmas and that's where my old friend Jessica Gordon Ryan comes in!
Jessica featured a recipe for this eggnog pound cake last week and I have not been able to get it out of my mind. Since I found myself thinking of this delightful confection every time I poured myself a cup of coffee and looked over at an empty plate, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't add the essences of nutmeg, eggnog and warm rum to my holiday scent repertoire.
(I can justify just about anything if necessary!)
With my apron on and with Jessica at virtual arms length, I dove into the kitchen this week and came out the victor! The cake was unbelievably delicious and a big hit with the family who, without any prodding, finished every last bit of Christmas decorating that I had left due to lack of holiday spirit.
It was as scrumptious as Jessica promised it would be, as if there was ever a doubt!

The resident hostess over at The Entertaining House would never steer us wrong when it comes to being kind to our taste buds so hop over there right now for the full details on this recipe!


Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails