Thursday, August 20, 2015

BEAUTY SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL: DIY Rosette Ponytail

After years of short hair (from lob to bob to pixie and back again), I decided that my mid-life crisis would entail growing out my hair and recapturing its youthful glory!
Fast forward two years later and while my hair is longer than its ever been (mid-way down my back), I've come across a few stumbling blocks.
You see, your hair gets older just like you do. Greying hair has turned my silky, smooth hair coarse and kinky in places and the bouncy locks I used to just roll out of bed with have have been relegated to my dreams of 'way back when'. I realized early on that there was a reason long hair just didn't work on all of us past a certain age. In short, my hair looked like it was ageing faster than I was and that just wasn't going to cut it. I didn't think I'd be able to stick to my hair mission until I ran across a supplement called Viviscal that has worked wonders for me and the condition of my hair. A post on the geniuses at Viviscal is promised for the near future but in the mean time, let's get back to todays business shall we?

The summer heat combined with long hair has not been easy for a gal who is used to the breeze cooling the back of her neck. I am always looking for different ways to pull it back somewhat (what's the point of having long hair if you're constantly putting it in a ponytail, am I right?) and still look polished and 'hip' (the reason behind having a mid-life crisis). When I came across Melissa Cook's pretty take on the half-up, half-down look on Latest-Hairstyles.com, I was struck by how easy it looked, even for a long hair novice like myself.
Promising pics on Instagram will follow later today on how my Rosette ponytail turned out!




"Who doesn’t love a good ‘ol ponytail? Luckily, this one takes the same amount of time and is ten times cuter than the average pony look," explains Latest-Hairstyles.com contributor Melissa Cook. "It is perfect for any season or occasion and will have all your friends oohing and ahhing at your amazing styling skills. This rosette embellished ponytail is so pretty and feminine, and it’s exactly what every girl needs in her beauty rotation. Let’s get on with the tutorial, shall we?"

What You Need:
– brush
– two clear elastic bands
– four to five bobby pins
– medium hold hairspray

STEP 1
Begin by brushing through the hair to remove any tangles and part the hair in the preferred spot. Separate off small sections of hair on each side of the head.


STEP 2
Bring the two sections to the back of the head and over the rest of the hair, then tie it together with an elastic band.


STEP 3
Now braid this small ponytail section into a basic three-strand braid and tie off the end with a second elastic band.


STEP 4
Roll the braid up and towards towards the elastic band at the top, creating a rosette shape.


STEP 5
Pin down the edges of the rosette with four to five bobby pins, making sure they stay hidden underneath.


STEP 6
Spray the style with a medium hold hairspray and you are ready to go!


Get Lily Lemontree delivered to your inbox!
Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails