Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MRS. LEMONTREE'S GUIDE ON HOW TO BEHAVE HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE: Don't Clip Your Toenails in Public


To the visitor clippping his toenails in my backyard.
We are close but not that close and quite frankly, no one wants to be that close to anyone while toenails are flying about!
I thought I was hearing things. That distinct sound of metal cutting through nail was momentarily piercing against the quiet of a lazy afternoon. I continued preparing coffee for your visit, hoping that what I was hearing through the open window was a figment of my imagination, maybe a crafty squirrel engaged in target practice with a miniature bibi gun or something equally ridiculous. But as I walked out back carrying my tray, I realized that my imagination hadn't fooled me at all. There you were, just you and your nail clipper, basking in the sun. Maybe it was the look of utter bewilderment on my face or maybe you just came to your senses but thankfully you finished with your pinky toe, slipped the clipper back into your pocket and your foot back into your sandal. Nevertheless, I thanked the good Lord above for that small mercy.

It's something that shouldn't surprise any of us yet I find myself floored on too many occasions by the sight of people whipping out a nail clipper in public and having at their feet. That goes double for the lady who sat in a waiting room beside me earlier this week and decided to slip off her sandals, lift her feet up onto her chair and vigorously clear the what-not from between her toes.
I don't care how busy you are at home-the subway, a park bench, your desk and especially while visiting a friend is not where you should be grooming yourself in that manner. I could go on and on but I think this one is pretty basic.

NEVER clip your nails (finger or otherwise) in public.




4 comments:

Marguerite said...

Dear God.

Anastasia Schembri said...

Marguerite,
you took the words right out of my mouth! LOL!

Karena Albert said...

Really, It astounds me the way some people behave and also dress in public!!Manners and decorum, please!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Lori said...

Just YUCK!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails