Monday, December 15, 2014

HOW TO BEHAVE HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE: Don't Wear Pyjamas in Public

A suit isn't necessary but pants are required!

To the man walking his dog this morning in pyjamas.
The harsh truth my friend is that pyjamas are not pants, never have been. Pyjamas are for sleeping, lounging on the couch or whatever it is that you choose to do behind closed doors.
You shouldn't leave your house wearing them, plain and simple.
I know it's early, you're still sleepy and your dog has been whimpering for over 30 minutes for you to take him outside but stop for a minute and slip on a pair of pants, maybe even a pair of underwear since I could see from the tear in the backside of your pj's that you weren't wearing any!
Pants in public = good
Ripped pyjamas and no underwear in public = bad


Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!


9 comments:

Tish Jett said...

Good for you. The last time I was here, in the States, I couldn't believe it when I saw women shopping in pyjama bottoms. Most were paired with sweatshirts.

Why would women think so little of themselves to not make the tiniest effort? It's sad really.

Hope all is well in your world.

Warmest regards,
Tish

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Oh Lordy!!!! Noooooo!
I've never seen it yet in the UK (but I have heard it can be seen on the school run ;-)
It's not only a no-no, it's also extremely unhygienic I think. Our skins eliminate a lot of toxins when we sleep and then we go outside in the same clothes and then come back into our own beds? YUK!!!

Anastasia Schembri said...

Dearest Tish,
It was too much for my eyes to handle this morning! :)
I have never been a fan of this 'trend'!

Anastasia Schembri said...

Vanessa,
My thoughts exactly! Nevermind what the hem of those pyjamas might be dragging back into your home, too yucky!

A Crimson Kiss said...

I couldn't believe how many people I've seen in the last few weeks sporting pajamas in public–put on some pants!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

I see it way too often here in the US. Quite disgusting.

Anastasia Schembri said...

Lena, Victoria,
I wonder what people are thinking when they walk out their door in what they were sleeping in?? It doesn't seem to be such a common occurrence in Europe, maybe we should take note! :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

Amen! Have some self-respect!

DevilYouKnow said...

I see the PJs in public thing almost every time I go to a public place. I'm not being the tiniest bit facetious either. I once saw a woman wearing far-too-small Tinkerbelle pajama bottoms and a filthy tank top at a sit down restaurant. It was a casual restaurant but not that casual!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails