Did you know...
1. He was born on October 14, 1939 in The Bronx, New York.
2. He changed his last name to Lauren when he was 16. (“My given name has the word 'shit' in it. When I was a kid, the other kids would make a lot of fun of me. It was a tough name. That's why I decided to change it. Then people said, "Did you change your name because you don't want to be Jewish?" I said, "Absolutely not. That's not what it's about.")
3. He was declared Chevalier de la Legion d'honneur by French President Nicolas Sarkozy in 2010.
4. He is a collector of over 70 classic automobiles.
5. He was named to Vanity Fair's 'Best Dressed List' in 1995.
To learn more about the iconic Ralph Lauren, Lily Lemontree recommends Ralph Lauren and Genuine Authentic