Kate Elizabeth Winslet
Did you know...
1. She was born on October 5, 1975 in Reading, Berkshire, England.
2. She has been nominated 6 times for an Academy Award and in 2009 became the youngest actress to ever achieve so many nominations.
3. In August 2011, Sir Richard Branson credited Kate with 'helping to carry' his 90-year-old mother out of his burning Caribbean-island house, where she had been vacationing with her family.
4. When she secretly married her fiance Ned Rocknroll in December 2012, she was 'given away' by her long-time friend and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio.
5. She did not attend the 'Titanic' world premiere (a role that garnered her world-wide recognition and put her on the map) so she could attend the funeral of former boyfriend Stephen Tredre who had died of bone cancer.