Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
(Jacqueline Lee Bouvier)
Did you know...
1. She was born in Southampton, New York on July 28, 1929
2. She was dubbed the 'debutante of the year' when she made her society debut in 1947 by famed American gossip columnist Igor Cassini, otherwise known as Cholly Knickerbocker.
3. She won an Emmy for her televised tour of the White House restoration project with CBS reporter Charles Collingwood in 1962.
4. At age 31, she became the third youngest First Lady of the United States, behind Frances Folsom Cleveland (21) and Julia Gardiner Tyler (24).
5. Although she tried desperately to keep it from being mentioned in the press, she had a 3-pack a day smoking habit that went on for over 40 years. In 1994, at the request of her daughter Caroline, she finally quit smoking after she was diagnosed with cancer.
6. For a woman who radiated sophistication and confidence, one of her greatest insecurities was the size of her feet. She hated her size 10 feet for being so big.
7. She was named to Vanity Fair's Best Dressed List 'Hall of Fame' in 1965.
To learn more about the lovely Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Lily Lemontree recommends Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: A Life Beyond Her Wildest Dreams and Jackie Style