Wednesday, June 4, 2014

THE COCKTAIL HOUR: Tennessee Tea

I've never been a big fan of 'Wednesday'.
That mid-week hump seems to hit me like a ton of bricks, especially during the summer when all I can think about are the sweet sounds of the weekend. I will do just about anything to add a little something, a sparkle or two, to a day that I would otherwise push the fast forward button on. This week that little 'sparkle' happens to come in the form of a refreshing cocktail with just a touch of vanilla sweetness and a whole lot of kick!
With little ones still in the house, enjoying a cocktail in the middle of the afternoon is usually not an option (I save my imbibing for the evening hours!) but can you not picture a couple of Southern lovelies, lounging on the porch during the height of the afternoon heat, cooling themselves off with a frosty glass filled to the brim with a little Tennessee Tea?!
Cheers y'all!


Tennessee Tea

150ml Jack Daniels
50ml Cointreau
60ml Lemon juice (about ½ lemon squeezed)
Top with 740ml coke
(makes one full pitcher)

Fill a pitcher ¾ full of cubed ice. Add all the ingredients and stir well.
Garnish with lemon wedges.


2 comments:

Jennifer Connolly said...

That looks and sounds dangerously yummy. The perfect pick me up...or knock me down depending on the quantity.
Thanks for the recipe!!

Lily Lemontree said...

JC,
I kept the 'quantity' to a minimum last night but it still did the trick!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails