(Katherine Mathilda Swinton)
Did you know...
1. She was born on November 5, 1960 in London, England.
2. Her family is one of the oldest in Scotland where she can trace her ancestry back 35 generations to the 9th century.
3. She was a classmate of the late Diana, Princess of Wales at West Heath Girls School.
4. In 1983, she graduated from New Hall at Cambridge University with a degree in Social and Political Sciences, during which time she also worked with the Royal Shakespeare Company before beginning her film career in the mid 1980's.
5. Her flair and penchant for androgynous style have landed her on Vanity Fair's International Best Dressed List in 2007 and in 2013, she was named to The Guardian's Best Dressed Over 50 list.
To see more of the uber-talented Tilda Swinton in action, Lily Lemontree recommends viewing Julia, a film directed by Erick Zonca.