Tuesday, September 17, 2013

OUT FOR A SPIN WITH...Lancome 'Bi-Facil' Eye Make-up Remover



PRICE: $28.00 ($35.00 CAN)

CLAIM TO FAME: "this award-winning phenomenon gently whisks away all types of eye make-up, even waterproof. Simply shake to activate the bi-phase formula that leaves the eye area perfectly clean. The lipid phase lifts off eye make-up, while the water phase contains special emollients to refresh and condition skin without a greasy residue....No wonder there’s a cult following"

OUR THOUGHTS: The great tagline is what caught my attention, if there is an eye make-up remover cult out there, I need to be part of it! I have read a ton of super reviews for Bi-Facil so I figured this might be a product that needed to be in my vanity. I was initially a little disappointed as soon as I pulled the bottle out and I realized that prior to using you must mix and shake to combine the product, a dead giveaway that it was oil based. I tend to stay away from this type of eye make-up remover for one major reason which happens to be my dislike of heavy, oily products around my eyes that linger long after you think you have wiped them away. (Excess oil anywhere on the face and filmy vision is a no-no in my book)
Placing a little bit on a cotton pad I noticed right away that it didn't have the usual greasy appearance on the cotton and it had a delightfully light scent (like a rose bouquet!). Remembering that a book should never be judged by its cover, I filed away the negative thoughts already brewing and placed the pads gently on my eyes, kept them there a few seconds and gently wiped away all my eye make-up. Yes kittens you read correctly, I said 'all', every trace of my eye make-up, mascara included was gone without rubbing. Even nicer was the fact that the initial oily feeling I had around my eye area seemed to vanish after a few minutes, leaving me with a fab soft skin feeling around the eyes! 

IS IT WORTH THE TRIP: A little pricey since there are a few lower priced products that will do a decent job (keyword is decent) but this hard-nosed critic was thoroughly impressed enough to spend the dough, sign me up as the newest cult follower!

TESTED BY: Lily Lemontree

This is not a sponsored post and any opinions stated above are entirely our own.





4 comments:

M.A. said...

This has been my go to eye makeup up remover for years.

Maria @ The Good Life

LPC said...

Yup. Raising my hand to say this is the best eye makeup remover out there.

Silver Strands said...

glad to read your endorsement as well as these comments ... I'll give it a try!

Lily Lemontree said...

Silver Strands,
as M.A., LPC and yours truly can attest to, you will love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails