Friday, May 10, 2013

THE LOVELY ONES: Linda Evangelista

Linda Evangelista

Did you know...

1. She was born on May 10, 1965 in St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada.
2. She is a talented accordion player.
3. She is considered to be one of five 'Supermodels' who reigned supreme in the modelling world of the late 80's and 1990's along with Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington, and Tatjana Patitz.
4. She is credited with saying "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day." in a 1990 Vogue interview referring to herself and fellow supermodels of the day. She has since tried to escape the stigma left by that quote, saying in a 2005 interview "I can't stand the way this follows me around. I said it a long time ago, and I hope today I am a different person. Now I get out of bed for a much better reason. I'm part of a team that raises millions of dollars and raises awareness of HIV and AIDS all over the world."
5. She gave birth to her first and only child at the age of 41, whose father is Fran├žois-Henri Pinault, husband of Salma Hayek-Pinault.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails