Friday, May 17, 2013

THE COCKTAIL HOUR: Watermelon Mojito


Have you ever had one of those weeks where you went to bed every night and hoped with all your might that when you woke, the whole bloody week would be over??!!
Well darlings, Lily has had one of those weeks (an absolute doozy if I might add) but since I don't want to bore you with all the horrid little details, let's just say that I have never been so happy to hear the words 'it's Friday' as I was this morning!
Now, I am dashing off to pick up whatever is left of my car off the side of the road (yes we had a little bit of that too!) but I wouldn't dream of leaving you today without a little something to enjoy during this holiday weekend (Happy Victoria Day Canada!).
A yummy, watermelon variation of one of Lily's summer staples, the Mojito, that should have anyone, yours truly included, singing a cheerier tune in no time!
Cheers to a wonderful weekend!


Watermelon Mojito
fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
3 to 4 thick slices fresh watermelon
12 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
1/2 cup simple syrup (simple syrup recipe below)
6 tablespoons lime juice (about 3 limes, freshly squeezed is preferred)
Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving

Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves. Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon, place into a food processor and puree. Put the mashed-up mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of pureed watermelon, the rum, simple syrup, lime juice and stir to combine.
Pour the mojito mixture into the glasses and add a couple of ice cubes to each glass.
Garnish with sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon.

*Easy Paesy Simple Syrup*
Dissolve one part sugar to one part boiling water. Stir and let cool before using.


YOOX.COM: Best of International Fashion & Design

11 comments:

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Thank goodness it's Friday–I need a drink, too! Cheers!

Lily Lemontree said...

Lena,
just hopped over to A Crimson Kiss and that 'Blushing Ingenue' looks divine! I might have to pour one of those too this weekend!

Dee said...

Looks delish. Will give this a try.

Kate Sullivan Corpuz said...

This week was SO slow & I am thrilled Friday is here. Cheers!

always, koru kate

Lily Lemontree said...

Dee,
I promise it tastes as delicious as it looks! Enjoy the long weekend!

Marie Angelique said...

Thank Goodness, it is Friday indeed! Such a long week. And this cocktail looks divine!

Lily Lemontree said...

Kate,
I have never been happier that it is Friday and I know exactly what you mean about it going by so slow, it felt like it lasted a month!
xo

Lily Lemontree said...

Marie Angelique,
This week has felt like an eternity for me, so glad it is over!
Have a wonderful weekend!

BaronessVonVintage said...

I'm glad to see the back of this week, too. This looks delish. Must try out! Happy Victoria Day weekend

LPC said...

So sorry you had a Monster Week! Hope next week is infinitely better.

JMW said...

That sounds AMAZING! I've been on a watermelon kick lately - can't get enough of it! So, combine it with my favorite summer drink? Heaven! Hope you are doing well, my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails