(Suzanne Lorraine Bruce)
Did you know...
1. She was born on April 1, 1929 in Portland, Oregon.
2. She is a coloratura soprano who started her career singing on the radio before she was 13 years old.
3. She took her stage name from a character she played in the film 'Song of the Open Road' (1944).
4. She had a recurring role as Alan Thicke's mother Irma, on the popular series 'Growing Pains' in the late 80's/early 90's.
5. She has had a lifelong fear of needles so when her second husband Patrick Nerney bought her a pair of diamond earrings, she needed to get her ears pierced if she ever wanted to wear them. She decided to have her ears pierced under anaesthetic and when she discovered she was pregnant with her last child, she convinced her obstetrician that he could only deliver her baby if he would pierce her ears while she was on the delivery table. He agreed to do both procedures and she left the hospital with her baby daughter and pierced ears.
6. She was a bridesmaid at her friend's Elizabeth Taylor, first wedding to Conrad Hilton Jr.
7. She was married five times, her last marriage being to child star Dickie Moore, one of 'The Little Rascals'.
To learn more about the lovely Jane Powell, Lily Lemontree recommends The Girl Next Door...and How She Grew.