Did you know...
1. She was born on March 5, 1970 in Miami, Florida.
2. She is of Cuban descent and is the only member of her immediate family to be born in the United States.
3. As a child she aspired to become a Roman Catholic nun.
4. Before her acting career took off, she appeared in Will Smith's video for the song 'Miami' and is the Spanish speaking voice in the song for the line 'Bienvenido a Miami' (Welcome to Miami).
5. She is an avid follower of transcendental meditation.
6. Inspired by her nieces and nephews, she is presently writing a children's book named 'Crazy Legs Beshee'. The book is loosely based on her own childhood awkwardness when she was put on the spot. Eva's nervousness, due to her being placed in the spotlight would cause her to become klutzy, getting into minor mishaps and tripping. The main character 'Crazy Legs' finds herself frazzled by attention and her legs become entangled when she gets nervous but by the end of the book she overcomes her nervous issues.
7. She has been quoted as saying she has a passion for home decor and would most likely have chosen that as a career path if not for acting. She currently has a home decor line named 'Vida', available at Macy's.