Friday, February 1, 2013

THE COCKTAIL HOUR: Winter Splash

Within the last 7 days, Toronto have gone from bitterly frigid temps and crazy wind to record-breaking mildness (we hit 14*C on Wednesday!) and then back to weather that makes you want to crawl back under the covers. And if Mother Nature playing a game of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with us wasn't bad enough, the crazy flip flop has taken an innocent victim as prisoner-my hair has no idea 'what's up' and has morphed into a frizzy, flyaway combo that has decided it will hide under a hat until March!

(Remember Monica Geller playing table tennis?
Very similar to the ghastly 'do that looked back at me in the mirror this morning!)

What's a girl to do but thank the good Lord above that it's Friday (and the first of February which can only mean that spring is peaking around the corner!), pour herself an aptly-named cocktail with just a touch of colour to lighten up the mood and arm herself with enough brushes and hairspray to tame the beast!
Have a fabulous weekend!


Winter Splash 

1.5 oz. Vodka (or gin)
.75 oz. St-Germain elderflower liqueur
1.5 oz. fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
2 dashes Peychauds* bitters
Squeeze of lime
Mint for garnish 

Add the vodka, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, bitters and a squeeze of lime into a cocktail shaker and give a good shake.
Pour into an old-fashioned glass, garnish with a sprig of mint and serve!






4 comments:

Darjeeling said...

That looks like a tasty cocktail. Very refreshing...and uplifting!

Lily Lemontree said...

Darjeeling,
it is just delish and perfect for this time of year when everything seems to be a little bit on the heavy and decadent side! I am a sucker for anything with grapefruit juice so I knew this one was for me but I think the liqueur gives it just the right touch of sweetness for balance! Let me know what you think if you try it out!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

Sounds delicious; I'm a sucker for grapefruit juice, too! Cheers!

Koru Kate {Koru Wedding} said...

Oh, I love Friends! & I'm pretty sure I would love this cocktail too :-) Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails