Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline
The Princess of Hanover, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Royal Princess of Great Britain and Ireland, Hereditary Princess of Monaco
(HSH Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi, Princess of Monaco)
Did you know...
1. She was born on January 23, 1957 at the Prince's Palace, Rocher de Monaco, Monaco.
2. She received her degree in philosophy from the Sorbonne University and is fluent in French, English, Spanish, German and Italian.
3. Since her mother's sudden death in 1982, the Princess has served as the reigning first lady of Monaco (until her brother's marriage to Charlene Wittstock in 2011), taking up the numerous causes and charities her mother was associated with including the Princess Grace Foundation and UNICEF.
4. If her younger brother, the reigning HSH Prince Albert of Monaco does not produce any legitimate heirs and she outlives him, the throne of Monaco will revert back to her and her offspring, making her only the second Sovereign Princess in Monaco's 618 year rule by the Grimaldi family.
5. She is best friends with one of France's chicest style icons, Ines de la Fressange.
6. In 1983, between her first and second marriages, she was engaged to Roberto Rossellini, son of director Roberto Rossellini and movie star Ingrid Bergman.
7. Following in the elegant footsteps of her mother, the late Princess Grace of Monaco, she has always been considered one of the most stylish women in the world and was named to Vanity Fair's Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1994.
To learn more about the chic Princess Caroline and the Grimaldi Family of Monaco, Lily Lemontree recommends The Royal House of Monaco: Dynasty of Glamour, Tragedy and Scandal by John Glatt