Thursday, August 16, 2012

ON THE COVER: Gwen Stefani at Harper's Bazaar


Did you ever think you would see the day when you would find yourself saying the words 'Gwen Stefani' and 'pink tulle' in the same sentence? I didn't think so either until I came across the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar and the glam shoot she did for the September 2012 cover. Photographer Terry Richardson captured the ultra-feminine side of the chic 'No Doubt' lead in tulle and maribou and the accompanying interview is too good to miss if you are a fan of Ms. Stefani's.

On motherhood:
“It’s superfun being a mom, but it’s hard too. Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I’ve ever done—by far.”

On her style:
“I’ve always been a girl who loves to dress up. I already put my makeup on twice today: I put it on to take my kid to school, and then I went home, washed my face, and put it on again to have lunch with you. I like to make my husband like me more and he likes it when I’m wearing makeup.”

On staying fit:
“I hate talking about my body [all the time]; it’s ridiculous. There is no secret: You just have to eat healthy, work out, and torture yourself! I like to wear clothes too much, so I try to keep focused.”

On how she came about her signature look:
At the age of 25, she spent eight hours in a hair salon in Long Beach getting her coveted white-blonde locks. "It was like I'd unlocked the key. I remember feeling like, 'I have arrived. This is me. Finally.'" The red lip came when her grandmother gave her a crimson lipstick when she was in high school. "I remember sitting in my ghetto, beat-up Honda Prelude and putting on that lipstick in the rearview mirror and being like, 'Uh-huh, I like that. That's the shit right there.' I never stopped after that."








To read more of Gwen Stefani's interview, pick up the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar!


5 comments:

JMW said...

I like seeing her with a softer look. While I understand that she created a signature look with the red lips and platinum hair during her "ska" days with No Doubt, I like this look better. More mature, chic. I think it makes her look younger, too.

Lily Lemontree said...

JMW,
I definitely agree about the looking younger. I have never been a fan of a harsh look in the make-up department, the pink hues and softer make-up give her a more youthful glow!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

LOVE these looks on her, even if I'll always adore vintage Gwen!

Second Hand Rose said...

Oh my god I adore the last dress, it is to die for! She looks absolutely gorgeous in all the photos, beautiful! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

Nadia from Ethereally Crisp xoxo said...

Love her!

xoxo
Nadia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails