Wednesday, June 20, 2012

THE COCKTAIL HOUR: Paradise Punch

Sweltering heat has caused me to go a little tropical.
It was National Martini Day yesterday and although I did try my hardest to properly toast the day, it just didn't pass muster. When the temps soar as high as they have been, I crave something fruity and thirst-quenching.  
And this little delight perfectly fits the bill!

Paradise Punch

1 1/2 oz Appleton Estate Rum
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
2 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. orange juice
orange slices and fresh mint for garnish

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add rum, lime juice, orange juice and pineapple juice.
Shake vigorously and strain into an old-fashioned glass (or footed goblet if you want to get festive!) filled with ice.
Garnish with orange slice and mint sprig.





4 comments:

JMW said...

Yummy! I may have to celebrate this day with a martini by the pool this evening!

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

This sounds delicious–cheers!

Collections said...

yum, yum, yum

$100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

Second Hand Rose said...

Wow this looks yummy! I'll definitely be trying this out! Thanks for the fab recipe and I had no idea there was a National Martini Day! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails