Carol Creighton Burnett
Did you know.....
1. She was born on April 26, 1933 in San Antonio, Texas
2. She is best friends with actress Julie Andrews.
3. During all on-camera appearances, she tugs on her left ear as a way of saying "Hello, I'm okay and I love you" to her late grandmother.
4. Her parents were acute alcoholics who left her to be raised by her beloved grandmother. Together, Carol and her grandmother moved to Hollywood were their passion for the cinema flourished.
5. When she was in the second grade, she invented an imaginary twin sister named Karen. Ms. Burnett recalls fondly in her autobiography One More Time that she "fooled the other boarders in the rooming house where we lived by frantically switching clothes and dashing in and out of the house by the fire escape and the front door. Then I became exhausted and Karen mysteriously vanished."
To learn more about the always entertaining Carol Burnett, Lily Lemontree recommends One More Time: A Memoir and This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection