(Julia Jean Turner)
Did you know....
1. She was born on February 8, 1921 in Wallace, Idaho
2. She was nicknamed 'The Sweater Girl' due to the form fitting garments she wore in films showcasing her famous curves.
3. She was 'discovered' at 16 sipping a Coke at a drug store on Sunset Boulevard, The Top Hat Cafe by the publisher of The Hollywood Reporter.
4. In 1958, she was involved in a very high profile scandal when her daughter, Cheryl Crane stabbed to death her then-boyfriend Johnny Stompanato in the midst of a violent fight between Lana and Johnny. Cheryl believed her mother to be in danger and grabbed a kitchen knife before running up to Lana's bedroom to save her. The murder was deemed a 'justifiable homicide' by a coroner's inquest although many theories have continued to circulate as to what really happened that night.
5. She was married 8 times to 7 different husbands and never stayed married for longer than 5 years.