Thursday, November 17, 2011

Profiles in Style With.....Miss Janice (Etiquette With Miss Janice)


They say that there is no better way to learn about good social graces and hospitality than at the hands of a fine Southern lady. In today's spotlight we have the embodiment of that fine Southern lady, Miss Janice from Etiquette With Miss Janice.
The etiquette instructor and aficionado on the art of 'taking tea' has taken her place in the online world by sharing glimpses into the modern life of a proper Southern lady, one Lilly Pulitzer-colored post at a time, with all the grace and charm you would expect!
To be a guest in the home of this hospitality expert, and get an up close and personal view into all that is Miss Janice, is a secret dream of mine! Since a distance of about 3000 miles puts a little damper on my dream, how wonderful it is today that she took the time to answer a few questions about her life well lived, a la Southern style!
Follow along with Miss Janice on Facebook, Twitter and Etiquette With Miss Janice!




How do you describe your personal style: Classic and conservative

Style Icon(s): The late Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Princess Diana, and Princess Grace

Modern day style crush: Emma Pillsbury from Glee

Go-to outfit: A classic shift with a cardigan throw and Tory Burch ballet flats. Of course I always love to wear my pearls!

Accessory you can’t live without: My iPhone with skins that coordinate with my outfits

Current weekend uniform: Until Labor Day…Lilly classic shift {the ones with the bows at the hemline} and Jack Rogers sandals.

Signature scent: Oh goodness, I have two…Lilly ‘Wink’ and Burberry ‘Classic’

Most coveted item in your wardrobe: Chanel pocketbooks

Must-have beauty/grooming essential: Eucerin moisturizer

Best beauty/grooming advice you have ever heard: Coating my hands and feet with Vaseline and wearing gloves and socks to bed. Your hands and feet will glow!

You can never have too many: Cute pocketbooks

Style “Don’t”/Pet Peeve: Definitely stockings with open-toe shoes!

Favourite style era: 60’s

Trend you could do without: I don’t follow trends at all.

What will never go out of style: Designer scarves

East coast or West coast: East coast! And I’ve tried both

Currently obsessed with: Cardi clips!

Favorite night out: Dinner at a fancy restaurant

Favorite city/vacation destination: Las Vegas!

Never travel without: I never leave home without Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Oil lip balm

Favorite websites: I’m a CNN Headline News junkie, so CNN.com, WWEPW.com is a new fave, ThePinkMonogram.com and 2PreppyGirls.com for all things preppy & cute…I could go on and on, I’m addicted to online shopping!

Favorite film: Oh my goodness, other than Gone With the Wind, my latest favorite is The Help!

Favorite quote: Pretty is as pretty does!

Always searching for the perfect: Outfit

Greatest extravagance hanging in your closet/wardrobe: That would definitely be my St. John suits!

Never leave home without: Burt’s Bees lip balm

Signature cocktail: I have too many to list. I always serve signature beverages when I entertain guests.

Go-to gift: Any of my Taste of Gourmet products, wrapped in cello with a cute ribbon bow and a darlin’ gift tag attached.

Currently reading: Fall issues of my favorite magazines

Ultimate luxury splurge: I splurge everyday! At least that’s what my husband says.

Describe your home in one word: Cozy

Dream dinner guest: Lee Radziwill

What inspires you: People who are suffering with serious health issues but still remain positive, creative, and active.

Hobby/pastime you could not live without: Shopping. Shop till you drop!

It wouldn’t be ‘my’ party without: I always serve Haute Pigs-in-a-Blanket and I always give my guests a party favor!

Life would be grand if I could start every day....With breakfast in bed!

If I could bring back one thing it would be: A world where people dressed appropriately for the occasion.

Stranded on a desert island, what 5 things could you not live without: Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, iPhone, Heating Pad, Merlot, and French bread.





1. Diana, Princess of Wales     2. the perfect go-to outfit     3. Burt's Bees lip balm     4. Lee Radziwill
8. Glee's Emma Pillsbury     9. Wink (Lilly Pulitzer)     10. Las Vegas, Nevada



6 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Nothing is finer than a proper Southern lady. We all, far & wide could learn a thing or three from such a woman. Great questions and great answers. Her fav. place to holiday being Vegas threw me for a loop!

Happy pre-Thanksgiving LL.

Cheers ~ Deb

la petite coquine said...

I am crushing on Miss Janice-she's so divine!

Tammy B said...

I am a big fan of Miss Janice. If we could all be like her, the world would be a better place.

Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} said...

What a classy chick, this Miss Janice is :)

bevy said...

My favorite quote is HANDSOME is as HANDSOME does... For my two boys!

Miss Janice said...

Thank you so much! I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails