Thursday, October 20, 2011

THE COCKTAIL HOUR :: The Jack Rose


It seems the funny ways of modern technology have made a liar of me this week. Just when I thought I had rid myself of a computer virus that has made a mess of my laptop (and my little old blog!), it seems to still be lurking in computer crevices that I didn't even know existed rendering it useless for yet another day.
Not that I don't appreciate the kindness of my daughter for letting me use hers but I just can't seem to get into any serious writing when I find myself hammering away at a tiny hot pink computer with 'Hello Kitty' and 'Monster High' stickers all over it.
Ughh!
If anyone ever needed a spirited cocktail well before the designated witching hour, it is me this afternoon! Since nothing else has really gone my way today, I figure I can indulge in a favorite of mine, the 'Jack Rose'. While this tart beverage is a lesser known member of the 'sour' family, adding a little more grenadine can sweeten it up for anyone who is so inclined.
A cocktail this color always has a way to make me smile, so take that you pesky Trojan!!




Jack Rose
2 oz apple brandy or applejack
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz grenadine
1 lemon twist

Combine applejack or brandy, lemon juice and grenadine in cocktail shaker loaded with cracked ice.
Shake vigorously and pour into a chilled glass.
Garnish and serve straight up.




5 comments:

la petite coquine said...

A favorite of mine, too-cheers! Here's hoping your computer is in tip top shape soon!

Miss Janice said...

Hello Kitty and a Jack Rose. Sounds posh to me! Hope your computer is all better real soon:)

Café Bellini said...

If my son had a computer I imagine it would be a Thomas the Tank Engine or Sponge Bob (is that what it's called?), which are both hideous, so Hello Kitty sounds pretty good to me. Lucky you :-) But sorry about the virus, that's annoying.

Teresa said...

I'll skip the drink but would love the Hello Kitty pink and tiny computer on hand when these things are around...
Have a Fun and Happy Weekend!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Never tried that one - but tomorrow is date night at a very classy, classic restaurant. I'll ask the bartender for a Jack Rose then.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails