Thursday, August 18, 2011

THE ESSENTIALS (BEACH EDITION): The Kaftan






I have been busy as a bee packing for a little holiday we are taking next week. Packing for one can be a bit trying but packing for a family of four is another story all together. Lists and lists of things we can't forget and "mommy did you pack's" seem to be taking its toll!





Can you believe in the midst of my hunting and gathering for our essentials, I almost forgot to pack my absolute must for travelling to a sunny destination-a gorgeous kaftan! These little lovelies can take you to the beach, lunch, lounging by the pool and everywhere in between!






As if bikini living wasn't easy enough, here are these flowy frocks to sweeten the deal.




The right fit and fab accessories (oversized aviators, gorgeous sandals with a hint of glitz and a big brimmed straw hat that dips just so in front are my picks!) are key in getting the look.
We are going for easy breezy beach style inspired by the likes of India Hicks,




not Helen Roper!



What do you think of the kaftan?
What do you prefer to sport on the beach or lounging by the pool?



3 comments:

la petite coquine said...

LOVE these kaftans-and your very sweet comments on my blog! xoxoxo, Lena

Your Southern Peach said...

DVF can do NO wrong. It's always in style in my book :)

JMW said...

The kaftans you featured are gorgeous - can't decide which one I like better (although the DVFs are super-fabulous!) Enjoy your trip - get some much deserved rest and relaxation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails