Friday, May 20, 2011

Profiles In Style With.....Jennifer from A Place to Dwell



Whether she is hobnobbing with the swells at the Kentucky Derby or mingling with the moms on the playground, Jennifer from A Place to Dwell is a chic example of a life well lived. An accomplished writer whose good taste, grace and charm shine right through her musings on life, family, style and of course her beloved UK Cats, this lovely lady is a modern day southern belle that would even make Scarlett O'Hara proud!


How do you describe your personal style: Classically casual

Style Icon(s): Audrey Hepburn and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

Modern day girl crush: The Duchess of Cambridge, nee Kate Middleton

Go-to outfit: For fall and winter, jeans or black pants with a sweater and boots. During spring and summer, a Lilly skirt or khaki shorts and white T-shirt with sandals.

Accessory you can’t live without: My pearls.

Current weekend uniform: Jeans, T-shirt, fleece pullover (please let the warm weather stay so the fleece can go into storage for the season!)

Signature scent: Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Most coveted item in your wardrobe: My new Lilly dress. Will be getting much use out of it this season!

Must-have beauty essential: Aveda moisturizer

Best beauty advice you have ever heard: Always wear sunscreen and always wear a smile.

You can never have too many: Shoes

Style “Don’t”/Pet Peeve: People who wear clothes that aren’t the right cut or fit for their shape. Just because they have it in your size, doesn’t mean you should wear it.

Favourite fashion era: 1920s

Trend you could do without: Gladiator heels

What will never go out of style: Ballet flats, crisp white shirts and a good attitude

East coast or West coast: East

Currently obsessed with: The Fabulous Beekman Boys and budgeting the next project for our home

Favorite night out: A Saturday night with my hubby.

Favorite city/vacation destination: San Francisco is my favorite American city, while Dublin my favorite city outside the U.S.; the Outer Banks of North Carolina is my favorite vacation destination with family

Never travel without: My Blackberry

Favorite sites: Garden & Gun, Lily Lemontree (of course!), Tomboy Style, New York Social Diary, The New York Times (until they started charging a subscription fee) and all of the fabulous blogs I read on a daily basis (you know who you are!)

Favorite film: “Four Weddings and a Funeral”

Favorite quote: “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.’” – Erma Bombeck

Always searching for the perfect: Pair of jeans

Greatest extravagance hanging in your closet/wardrobe: I certainly don’t have couture hanging in my closet, but I’d have to say it’s a toss-up between my Kate Spade handbag and a beaded cocktail dress.

Never leave home without: My purse

Signature cocktail: Bourbon and water

Go-to gift: A bottle of wine or anything monogrammed

It wouldn’t be ‘my’ party without: My world-famous cheese ball appetizer (yeah, it’s that good), summer salad, barbecue, imported beer courtesy of Hubby, and white wine chilling nearby

On my iPod: A wide variety of tunes, from 80s pop to U2 and Kings of Leon

Currently reading: The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers – An Unconventional Memoir, by Josh Kilmer-Purcell

Favourite book(s): All The King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Favourite flower: Calla lilies and hydrangeas

Ultimate luxury splurge: Our 10th anniversary at The Greenbrier – spa visits, delicious cuisine and overall fine living.

Dream dinner guest: Bono

What inspires you: My children

Stranded on a desert island, what 5 things could you not live without: My family, great reading material, my pillow, coffee, a cell phone with a good connection to alert the search party of our whereabouts



1. San Francisco   2. Audrey Hepburn   3. Beautiful by Estee Lauder   4. Dublin, Ireland   5. Hydrangeas
6. Garden & Gun   7. Lilly Pulitzer skirt   8. Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge    
9. The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers    10. Repetto ballet flats



6 comments:

James said...

She is a gem. Thank you for letting us learn more about a truly classy dame(as are you!)

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I just found your blog via Jennifer's! Can't wait to read more! Please stop by mine!

Town and Country Mom said...

Great post--I love A Place to Dwell!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

What a fun insight into somebody I have met and grown to adore in the blog world!

Karena said...

Lily I adore Jennifer and this is a great interview with her!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my Great Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

You will love it!

bevy said...

JMW is precious!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails