Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THE ROYAL PARADE: The Royals Are True Mad Hatters!


Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice at Easter Mass 2011

With the Royal Wedding a few days away, the anticipation over what Kate Middleton will wear is coming to a fever pitch. While I am slightly curious to see the future princess' wedding dress, my eyes will be on the one item the royals are known for-their hats!

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark



Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece




Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall


The younger royals seem to eschew the glorious hat at most events, which is a shame really. The hat just seems to add an air of style and sophistication to any outfit and I miss the opportunities to feed my obsession when the royal ladies choose the informal route.


Princess Maxima of the Netherlands



Princess Michael of Kent


Miss Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne


Princess Nikolaos of Greece


One who seldom disappoints the hat enthusiasts is Sophie, Countess of Wessex.


Sophie, Countess of Wessex




The wife of Prince Edward, the Queen's youngest son, bares a physical resemblance to another royal who never let us down when it came to the fabulous hat.


Princess Diana












Are you as mad for the hat as I am?
Will you be watching the royal wedding?





17 comments:

Karena said...

Adore Princess Nikolais and so many. I wish American women would take heed!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Suburban Princess said...

I wish hats would make a huge long comeback here...there are some bad hair days that would be saved with a nice chapeau!

I had a sad moment recently when I wondered what Diana would've worn to the wedding. :O(

Hannah said...

Oh I am very excited to see the hats now! x

Cid said...

Thank you so much for all the fantastic eye candy. We are having a Royal Wedding High Tea at the cheese shop where I work and we'll all be wearing our most fabulous hats. I promise to post lots of photos.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Lily, what a fantastic post! I adore hats and can't wait to see the outfits and hats of course!

I'm hoping the dress will be designed by Sarah Burton at McQueen but we shall see.

I'm Twittering the royal wedding live for LOVE magazine with Giles Deacon, which should be lots of fun xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PS. You probably don't know this but you have to refresh two pages just to leave you a comment which is very time consuming.

If you go to dashboard, go to settings, go to comments then choose pop up window and say no to word verification. This will make it so much easier for everyone. All the blogs I visit have done this xx

Town and Country Mom said...

Great post! I'm re-thinking hats--I saw several women wearing them Easter, and they looked terrific!

LivingInAurora.ca said...

I have feeling that Kate will follow the tradition :). Anna :)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I'll be watching. I can't wait! I wish hats looked good on me. I love seeing them on others. So brave!

Muffy said...

Love this! Oh, how I wish hats would come back in the US. I would feel a little over-the-top if I wore one.

Pink Champagne said...

Stunning and so chic! Any occasion that allows me to wear one of this Princess hats is cause for celebration! Only 2 more days! XOXO

prasad said...

Williams and Middleton's wedding will be the most remarkable so most of the world news papers and t.v. channels are awaiting to capture their wedding events and also this wedding event is a hot topic at least for a month after wedding if she will be participate in some social activities so many people will remember them for their life long i wish both of them have a nice wedding.

Beth Dunn said...

Can't wait for the royal looks!
xoxo
SC

JMW said...

Gosh, this makes me miss Diana so very much. How much she would have loved to share in the joy of this day. And how amazing she would have looked - can you imagine her hat?! I adore hats. In fact, I purchased my hat for Derby today and I LOVE it! Can't wait to wear it. And, yes, I'll be watching the wedding. :)

Mrs. Mix-it said...

I love wearing hats! Next weekend I have my hat ready for the Kentucky Derby and my daughters 1st communion. Thanks for the great post!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Something happened to my link with your blog...I have been missing your posts...I adore hats!

I have been feeling sad that Diana is not here to see her son wed...am I the only one who wishes that she was here?

Hostess

Kori said...

Loving all the hat posts this week! They are so much fun. Hope you're well honey! Kori xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails