Friday, April 15, 2011

A Little TLC! (Tender Lip Care)




The lips take a beating during the winter months with all the cold temperatures outside and dry heated air inside. Nothing looks worse (and more than a little painful) than chapped, winter-ravaged lips. Now is the perfect time for a little extra love for your pucker!
Don't know where to start? Below are a couple of tried and true methods that will get your lips soft and super kissable!




A little sugar (white or brown) and a couple of teaspoons of your favourite oil (olive, coconut, jojoba, sweet almond, vitamin E oil) mix together to make a super exfoliant. Apply with a soft toothbrush to the lip area and very gently scrub the lips for a few minutes to get rid of the dry flaky skin (while applying,  make an exaggerated smile to stretch out the lips in a taut position). Wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth and follow up with a moisturizing lip balm of your choice.



Mix together 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of baking soda until mixture looks like a paste. Apply the paste on your lips and leave it on for a couple of minutes. Gently rub the lips with a wet washcloth, in a slight back and forth motion. Wash off with lukewarm water
Pat the lips dry with a towel and then apply olive oil which will help the lips re-hydrate.

(Between the two I definitely prefer the sugar and oil method but I know of a few beauties with enviable pouts that swear by the honey and baking soda mixture method!)

How do you show your lips a little TLC?





6 comments:

JulesTX said...

During the day I apply Burts Bees lipbalm frequently. At night, I apply vaseline to my lips. About once or twice a month, I use Crabtree & Evelyn lip repair to exfoliate them.

High Heeled Life said...

These are fabulous tips ... I try to keep my lips protected with lip balm... I have applied olive oil when they feel dry...xo HHL

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

What a super idea...I use a sugar scrub in the shower so I'll put some on my lips next time!

I use Burts Bees lip balm when I am not wearing Aveda lipstick as my lips feel dry quite a lot.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Lily, I shall give the sugar a go. I'm hopelessly addicted to Eve Lom's Kiss Mix lip balm. I've tried them all and this is the absolute best. I buy two at a time as I'm constantly losing them. I start to panic if I don't have one on me at all times. Terrible really! xx

LPC said...

In all honesty, I just use the toothbrush alone. Sturdy Gal to the end:).

The Mint Palace said...

Thanks for this... Mine are getting just that way so I am going to give this a go... right after I treat myself to a special oil to use :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails