Friday, January 7, 2011

STYLE ICON: Carolyn Bessette Kennedy


I was asked once what I considered the definition of a 'style icon'. My answer was simple-an individual whose style stands the test of time regardless of decade and trends. Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy was definitely one of those individuals.


Carolyn Jeanne Bessette-Kennedy
(January 7, 1966-July 16, 1999)




Much like the mother-in-law she had never met, Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy was a true style icon. Looking fab in an evening dress or sweats and sneakers seemed to come naturally to the flaxen haired beauty. Her style simply put, was pared down chic done just right.
Nothing over-the-top or overly racy, minimal jewellery or make-up save her signature red lipstick, and always a touch of her own personal flair and sex appeal. Classic American style at it's finest!




It has been said that she was a beauty inside and out. Publicly, she displayed polish and poise, preferring to guard her privacy with reserve and well-mannered aloofness towards the press. Privately, she was rumoured to be fun, easy going with a genuine heart and one of the most attentive people you could have a conversation with, once again much like the other famous Mrs. Kennedy before her.








































style-passport womens clothing


15 comments:

quintessence said...

Yes - loved her simple, classic, tailored elegant style - right up my alley!!

The Aly Way said...

I very much agree with you in all regards. When I see pictures of her, especially with John Jr. I think of how the UK sees Kate Middleton. Classic beauties with pristine taste.

~ thealyway.blogspot.com ~

BaronessVonVintage said...

YES, I totally agree. She was so chic and classy.

M. Elizabeth said...

Beautiful post! Such a lovely way to remember her timeless taste.

JMW said...

What strikes me most about these photos of beautiful Carolyn was how timeless her beauty was and wardrobe. These are clothes that will never go out of style - they were fashionable in the 90s and are today. I was so saddened by her loss, as well as that of JFK, Jr. and Carolyn's sister in the plane crash. Oh, what could have been.

Marcie said...

I am so captivated by this post. Thank you for putting it all together with these photos. What a beautiful woman!

bevy said...

I loved her wedding dress and wore a very similar one when I married my husband. Classic through and through...

Kare said...

Beautiful post, such a nice tribute to Carolyn. I just loved her....even though she went & married my most favorite guy ever.

Bringing Pretty Back said...

I totally agree! Such class and beauty. It seemed effortless to her~ so sad they are both gone.
Very sweet post,
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

EntertainingMom said...

Chic, elegant, classy, classic, timeless.... gorgeous... fabulous choice. A star gone too soon for sure.

Hill House Ramblings said...

Oh yes, I agree. She always looked perfect. Understated but fabulous. I loved all the pictures. Great choice!

H.H.

Emily said...

Stunning! She looks absolutely amazing.
Apparently the surviving Caroline has vetoed the latest Kennedy series with katie Holmes in the US! Shame, I really wanted to see that. Hopefully it still comes to the UK.
Happy new year! x LondonZest

Anonymous said...

The anniversary of their death is coming up...so sad...I miss them both!

Danielle said...

When I think classic and chic she always comes
to mind...

Lisa Ann Wilson said...

I miss her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails