Thursday, January 13, 2011

HOME :: Around the Charming Home: Light My Fire!


Winter was never my favourite season. I am definitely a lady that needs fresh air, sunshine and warm breezes to get me going. But living in Canada means quite a few months of snow and frigid temperatures that one must deal with.
I can't think of a better way to deal with the -20 degrees Celsius which is presently blowing outside my front door (that's -4 Fahrenheit for our American friends!) than with a blazing fireplace to warm the home!















What's your favourite way to keep yourself warm on a cold winter's night?








7 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sipping tea by the fire reading a great book wearing a cashmere sweater and socks...I am in Canada too!

JMW said...

I LOVE that second image featuring the coral tree! What a great room. My favorite way to keep warm is snuggled under my down comforter, book in hand, enjoying the quiet after the kids have gone to bed.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So hard for me to imagine -4! Even though I grew-up in Seattle, we rarely had it that frigid. I'm like you I love nothing more than a fire. We are blessed with 3 in this house & I use them as much as you can in Houston. Stay warm LLT and have yourself a good weekend. x Deb

Blondie said...

Love them all but the second image with the coral is amazing! Kori xoxo

Pink Champagne said...

I consider myself a summer lady as well, but I just adore cuddling up in front of the fire in the winter!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

As a Canadian without a fireplace.. eek! I love to snuggle up with a favorite blanket, laptop in hand.. it's been SO cold here, that I'm found most nights doing this :) x

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Love the red tree over the second fire. I seriously wish we had a fire in the flat!!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails