Monday, November 22, 2010

In Love With...the Perfect Holiday Skirt


As I desperately try to get back to some sort of regular schedule, I thought I would ease my way back into daily posts with a peek at one of my faves for this holiday season and definitely a must have for any properly stylish wardrobe.



I have grown a new found appreciation for Talbots and their new look this season, especially when I come across pieces like this gorgeous taffeta full skirt. Perfect to pair with a cashmere twin set, starched white shirt (collars up!) or a Audrey Hepburn-ish short sleeve, knit turtleneck. Easy-peasy holiday dressing with a dash of Betty Draper style.



Available in a few colours to choose from and this gorgeous plaid, you will have to use your self control to walk away with just one. Poor Lily lacks that self control and is awaiting the delivery of three of these lovelies to take me through the holiday season!




17 comments:

suburban prep said...

I have put that in my online bag and taken it out so many times. I love the skirt too. Love the plaid but I also like the crimson color.

Amber said...

Love those skirts fabulous! Very jealous that you have three on the way...enjoy. Have a great week. axx

Victoria said...

Lovely berry / crimson colour. Very Mad Men style too.

Tabitha said...

Please, please post pics when they arrive. I love their new look but alas yet another store that's not in the UK

Ria said...

I've been looking for one of these for ages.
Now I want one even more :)
Also?I love the shoes in all 3 of the pics!
x

Hill House Ramblings said...

Oh dear, now I want all three too! Although I think the red and tartan I would wear more often...I agree with Ria above me...the shoes are great too. Enjoy your lovely skirts! (Going to Talbots now!)

H.H.

Ashley Hasty said...

I agree 100%! That is the perfect holiday skirt! Especially loving that first color!


http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

EntertainingMom said...

I love and would wear all of them!!!

Town and Country Mom said...

Why did you show me these! The plaid would be a classic I would wear year after year, wouldn't it? Love!

Annabel Manners said...

Endlessly useful! I agree - Talbots is suddenly really posh and fun. Love it!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Wow, how gorgeous is the red one for the holidays! And I love how the gathering doesn't start until lower down so it doesn't add five pounds to your tummy ... and that's ALWAYS good! xoxo Have a wonderful week, love!

JMW said...

That's exactly what I want for the holidays - especially the plaid. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very nice...but does Talbots make Petite lengths???

Lily Lemontree said...

Anonymous-yes they do!

Miss Janice said...

Oh, I love the plaid one. I wish I were taller...I'd buy it!:)

quintessence said...

Totally agree with you - Talbots has done a total turn around this year - in fact I did a whole post about it earlier this fall. I was just there this weekend and scored 3 beyond adorable skirts (none of these I'm afraid) for ridiculous sale prices. There is also a full length tiered skirt I am coveting!

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

love the cranberry skirt--haven't been in Talbot's for ages--will give it a go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails