Friday, July 2, 2010

The Lovely Ones: Leslie Caron


Leslie Claire Margaret Caron



Did you know....

1. She was born on July 1, 1931 in Boulogne-sur-Seine, Seine, France.
2. She started her career as a ballerina but after she was discovered by Gene Kelly, she made the smooth transition to actress when she starred opposite Mr. Kelly in her first film, "An American in Paris" (1951).
3. She was nominated for two Academy Awards for Best Actress for "Lili" (1953) and "The L Shaped Room" (1963), most of us will vividly remember her as the title character in the film "Gigi" (1958).
4. She states in her autobiography that she finally became an American citizen just in time to vote for Barack Obama.
5. She spends most of her time running a bed and breakfast inn that she owns in France, just south of Paris.





11 comments:

Bringing Pretty Back said...

What a classy and beautiful lady. I absolutely love the photo in the water with the hat.
She is so right! Keep on!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Hi Lily Lemontree - a happy belated 'Canada Day' to you! I love Leslie ♥. Can you imagine staying @ her bed & breakfast in France? For me that would be a dream come true. I remember her movies vividly, she possessed such charm and talent. I had no idea Gene Kelly discovered her. Such a fun post, thank you. Hope you have a very fun summer weekend!

Pink Champagne said...

Such a classic beauty!

JMW said...

No truer sentiment - Leslie Caron is one of my all-time favorites! I love "Gigi" and many of her other films. I loved her small role in "Le Divorce." She's perfection!

Mommy Mayhem said...

The woman is even beautiful in old age! Wish I age as gracefully!

Piper (DailyDivaDish) said...

A beautiful woman both then and now! I like how she's spending her time these days with a B&B in the south of France. Lovely!
XO Piper

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

She has maintained her grace and is lovely!

James said...

"Thank Heaven for little girls" like you and Ms Caron, You all grow up in the most delightful way!

Marcie said...

Lilly,

I am in love with your blog and am your newest follower! I am so glad I found you.

Have a great weekend!
Marcie

Pink Martini said...

She was the cutest little thing in AAIP. I loved her black and white ballgown with the stars wrapped around her head. And Gigi...well... just perfect. Hope you enjoyed your Canada day and saw the red and white daiquiris on my post. :) xoxo

Louise said...

She is beautiful. I love, love, love her in Gigi. She completely inhabited that part.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails