Thursday, June 24, 2010

ON THE SHELF :: Furious Love


My anniversary was a couple of weeks ago and that wonderful guy I married so many moons ago gifted me with an e-reader.
(I have wanted one for awhile but was hesistant. My love of books, real books made of pulp and paper, has kept me from joining the rest of the world in the 21st century!)


As I was pondering what would be my first digital read (I never knew how many books were available in a digital format), I happened upon the Vanity Fair issue with Elizabeth Taylor gracing the cover. This issue featured a write-up of the new book,
Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century, an account of the tumultuous and passionate love affair between the two Hollywood stars.


The fabulous images used for the article are what initially caught my attention since this isn't the type of book I usually go for but I have not been able to put this (virtual) book down since I started it.




Definitely a love full of passion, (amongst other things), it's the letters Mr. Burton wrote to the woman he loved that I find enthralling! A perfect steamy summer read!



What is on your summer reading list??


All images Vanity Fair (July 2010)





14 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Liz Taylor was GORGEOUS! Wow!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

This sounds great!!!! I've never had an ereader and I dont know much about them. They sound pretty neat though!!! Happy late anniversary!!!!

I just finished Saving Ceecee Honeycutt, which I loved!!!! And I'm starting Gone with the Wind.

Check out my post today and let me know if you would be interested! :)

Melanie's Randomness said...

I eventually will succumb and get an e-reader too! The fact that the word "furious" is in the title has me hooked. I think she's so cool & I've heard that her marriage was one hell of a rollercoaster! I'm going to consider reading this!

A book on my to-read list is the "The Girl with the dragon tattoo". I saw the movie & was hooked. People said the book was just as great as the movie so I'm looking forward to it!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Heck with the magazine, now I too want the book. I so remember their ups & downs; always in the press. Were really Hollywood royalty weren't they?

What a wonderful gift from your sweet husband Lily. Do hope your anniversary was a great one?!

Pink Champagne said...

Sounds like I will be adding this one to my summer reading list! I just finished "A Touch of Grace", and currently reading "Social Climbers", and "The Gospel According to Coco Chanel" is next on the agenda. Oh how I love beach reads!

LivingInAurora.ca said...

Liz is such a beautiful woman!
So you got e-reader, oh I want one too, I think its time to nag, lol. Anna :)

Sweet Southern Prep said...

On my list: Social Climbers and The Help! Happy Reading!

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I REALLY want one of those! Thank you so very much for your comment !
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

g e o r g i a ~ g i g i said...

Happy Anniversary Lily! I need a good read, and some time to read, he he! Been so busy, and then who has time when your blogging :)
Let me just tell you how tickled I am that you are following my new blog! Thank you :)

bevy said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

Wasn't Elizabeth Taylor so lovely back then?

tsue said...

Furious Love is, courtesy of your introduction! Thank you. Stopping by at The Fifty Factor's recommendation and glad I did!

the pink prep said...

oh, liz! wasn't she just lovely? and always searching for love. i just read "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder" by Rebecca Wells (author of Ya-Ya Sisterhood) -- a great, light summer read...with the favor of the south injected. I love a good southern novel!

smith said...

lovely

Robin said...

After those pics I think I definitely have to add "Furious Love" to my summer must read list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails