Thursday, May 6, 2010

Men Of Style: George Clooney



George Timothy Clooney was born on this day, May 6, 1961 in Lexington, Kentucky.

 

Originally aiming for a career as a baseball player, when he failed to make the cut for Cincinnati Reds, he was persuaded by his cousin Miguel Ferrer (son of Rosemary Clooney, George's aunt) to come to Hollywood in 1982 and took up acting.

 

A big presence on the silver screen, he has starred in a eclectic list of films, notably 'From Dusk till Dawn' (1996), 'The Perfect Storm' (2000), 'Oceans Eleven' (2001), and 'Good Night, and Good Luck' (2005) to name a few. Just as well known on the small screen, he starred on 'ER' (1994-99) and has also had recurring roles on shows like 'Roseanne' (1988-91) and 'The Facts of Life' (1985-86).


Married once to actress Talia Balsam (who currently plays Mona Sterling on Mad Men), they divorced in 1993.

 

Actively involved in numerous humanitarian works, he is an agressive advocate for resolution of the Darfur Conflict and in December of 2007, was given the Summit Peace Award by the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates in Rome for his involvement in that cause.


With all his time taken up by these worthwhile causes, you'd think he wouldn't have the
energy to look this handsome and stylish, but he does, doesn't he?!?! Debonair and polished, he veers on the conservative side when it comes to fashion, exuding an air of understated sex appeal.


What do you think of George Clooney's style?





14 comments:

monty said...

Great post Lily. George Clooney is one of my favorite modern actors. And thanks for the compliments about my post on Kori's blog today. Nice to meet a new friend.

Suburban Princess said...

OH! YES PLEASE!

Stefanie Valentine said...

I agree that he's very stylish and handsome, but i think i may be the only woman on Earth that isn't attracted to him! I can see what the fuss is about but he does nothing for me. Yes, i have strange tastes in men! Mr V on the other hand loves him and would probably leave me for him :)

Town and Country Mom said...

If I had been in junior high school with George Clooney, I would have memorized his class schedule and known where his locker was! Total school girl crush!

LouBoo said...

George Clooney...he is......what to say...I think I am lost for words after this post. Never ever seen a bad picture of him. Style? He has bags of it. The acting? One of the most believable ever. Loveliness? Yep, for sure :-). L x

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

Oo la la.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Love his style, and these images are amazing! Did you also know that he never wears make-up in any of his shows or movies. He doesn't care, and hates make-up. Love it! Au natural. That's the best kind.

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Love me some George Clooney!!!!!! I didn't know he was born in Lexington!! That's awesome! :)

North of 25A said...

I think George Clooney is hands down the most handsome man in Hollywood. Period. Do you think it has something to do with the fact that I also think he looks exactly like my Dad (when my Dad was young)?
Have a great weekend!
Best,
Colleen

Giorgie said...

I confess I hadn't jumped on the Clooney wagon until I saw him in O Brother Where Art Thou? and he made me laugh. Seeing the humourous side to him really made me see that yes, he is pretty cool. So far as his style sense, I like that he is a traditionalist.

Metropolitan Mum said...

What can I say? He's so unbelievably gorgeous... I am lost for words. And he is seriously funny. A dangerous mixture. I think it's waste he doesn't have kids. Superior genes have to be passed on! :)

Trish said...

I can't believe I missed this post Lily! He is such a dreamboat, and these images are to die for!! :) xox

Krystal said...

he IS a busy guy. I see his face everywhere in Switzerland because of his Nespresso ad campaign. But now he's doing Omega watches which is more fitting :)

Butler said...

George is a wonderfully classic man. Refined and elegant, graceful and strong. His style is impeccable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails