Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Evening at the MET

Last night, the uber-fashionable walked the red carpet at the MET Costume Institute Gala that celebrated the opening of the "American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity" exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

Some highlights from the evening....


Co-host Anna Wintour


Blake Lively in Marchesa


Naomi Watts in Stella McCartney
(one of my personal favorites!)


Ivanka Trump


Katie Couric


Brooke Shields


Jessica Alba in Sophie Theallet for Gap


Demi Moore in Lanvin


Kate Hudson in Stella McCartney


Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein
(another one of my favorites!)


Carolina Herrera and Calvin Klein


Emma Watson in Burberry


Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad


Jessica Biel in Ralph Lauren



Camilla Belle in Jason Wu


Kristin Davis


Co-host Oprah Winfrey (in Oscar de la Renta) and Oscar de la Renta


Sarah Jessica Parker in Halston


Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein


Iman


Kate Bosworth in Valentino


Thandie Newton in Vivienne Westwood


13 comments:

MBM said...

I looked & looked if I were to attend, I wouldn't know which gown to choose! They are all so pretty! xox MBM

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow, gorgeous! I can't even pick my favorite because I love them all. It seems like they dress up more for the MET, than for the Academy Awards.

I could analyze each dress, but I'll just pick one. Doesn't Blake Lively always seem to wear a one-shouldered number? I guess she wears them well. I'm still deciding if I should wear my Lilly P Sandra dress in yellow (one shouldered) to a formal engagement party this weekend. A do or don't?

JMW said...

Such beautiful gowns! I love the dresses of Carolina Herrera (classic as always)and Camilla Belle. Not sure what Anna Wintour was thinking and Blake Lively's dress, not liking that at all.

Suburban Princess said...

I love Brooke Sheilds...she always looks perfect!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Woa!! So many to choose from!! I actually really like Emma Watson's gown & Jennifer Lopez's!! Kate Hudson's dress is beautiful too!!!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

They all look beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I think Blake Lively's dress is my favorite!!!!! I love Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson too! :)

the Lovelist said...

loooved looking at these!

Connie K said...

Those were some pretty amazing dresses ! i loved almost all of them thanks for a great post i love anything fashion ! and you never disappoint a girl :)

Stefanie Valentine said...

They all look great, but i love Jessica Alba's dress best xx

bri bear said...

Emma Watson is GORGEOUS. When did she grow up and become so beautiful??

Lily Lemontree said...

Sweet Southern Prep-I would say a definite 'do' but I am a little partial to one-shouldered dresses, I just love them! A mix of sexy and sophisticated, how can you go wrong with that combination!

Lesley Ann said...

I love all the dresses you posted.
I was very shocked at Katy Perry's "light-up" dress. How tacky. Why did Anna Wintour let her in the front door? All she needed to go with it were plasitc stripper heels!

Louise said...

I was so close to including Naomi Watts and SJP too.
Naomi looked radiant. She always gets her hair and make-up really right.

I'm actually not sure about Blake Lively. The girl has one of the best bodies in the business, but I don't know if the Met is quite the right place to be showing so much of it.
Thanks for commenting on my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails