Thursday, April 22, 2010

Style Icon: 'Blair Waldorf'


Today's fabulous guest post on style icons comes to us from across the big pond, jolly Old England to be exact! A daily stop on my blogroll, Metropolitan Mum, who cheekily refers to herself as a "freshly baked London mum, blogging about her bumpy ride into motherhood"  tells her tales of travel, fashion, food, going back to school  and all the best London has to offer.

Click on any of the links above or here to be taken to her blog right after you finish reading her fantastic post on her style icon, Gossip Girls resident socialite, Blair Waldorf!
Many, many thanks to Metropolitan Mum!




The beauty of choosing a fictional style icon: not only does my icon come with the breathtakingly good looks of the very real Leighton Meester, but also her style is always unfaultable, impeccable, flawless.



Blair Waldorf doesn’t do chipped nails, unruly hair or, mind you, tracksuit bottoms. Blair Waldorf is unfailingly fictional. And as such, she’ll never let me down.



Her style – college girl with a subtle sexiness to it. Always preppy, never vulgar.



Her hair – always shiny and coiffed. You can almost smell the
whiff of her 30-bucks-a-bottle shampoo.



Her posture and her composure, together with her Queen B attitude, make her so admirable for me. Her lines never cease to amuse me.



“Pathetic! Suburban moralists in mom jeans. I'd pity them if I wasn't worried they'd spill orange soda on my Christian Louboutins.”


Blair Waldorf is the mean girl I sometimes wish I had in me.

All images courtesy of Metropolitan Mum

24 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

I LOOOVE that blue and white dress she has on in the sixth picture! Soo cute! It would look amazing with some red shoes as well!! :)

La Dolfina said...

She makes for one fabulous Style Icon!!

James said...

Metropolitan Mum is one of my favorite sites. She did a delightful post on this young lady. Thank you for allowing her to do so.

JMW said...

Love Metro Mum - great sense of humor, that one. And I totally agree with her choice of Blair. Her wardrobe and the way she wears it - classic.

Diya said...

ahhh I love blair! I used to watch gossip girl religiously but this semester has been crazy so I totally need to rent it and catch up over the summer!

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Diya said...

ps. exchange links?

Metropolitan Mum said...

Thanks for having me! It was a true pleasure. xx Met Mum

Giorgie said...

Aha! Fictional style icon - how ideal!
Wonderful outfits. Nicely written.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Must check out MM Lily. Yes indeed, sometimes I wish I could have more of that mean/sassy streak. As soon as I try, I'm busy apologizing. I doubt Blair would even consider an apology?!

Thank you Lily & thank you MM, great fun!

LouBoo said...

Hi - I came from Met Mum's site - love the commentary and photos here, she is a doll to look at! Louise x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour, Lily! Thank you for coming to visit my wannabe glamour blog!!! Your blog here is just chic and stunning and that young beauty you are featuring is so wonderful! My style icon is Audrey Hepburn; she fits my style. I have dark hair, rather slight, but what connects me with her is the classic black style that exudes confidence, poise and a "throw on anything and look great" look. Also, I like what you said above how this young lady has a preppy style, sexy but never vulgar. I think that is so important; who doesn't want to be attractive and sexy, but when it is done with undertones and grace, you are timeless, no matter what age...and that is getting more important, since I am 52 today!

Thanks for gracing my comments page. Have a splendid day. Anita

Lindsey said...

oh this is too perfect! i love blair too... and the mom jeans comment? love it all over it again!

Housewife Bliss said...

I secretly watch GG just to have a bit of fashion eye candy, and you hit the nail on the head with your parting comment.....Blair Waldorf is the mean girl I sometimes wish I had in me........ me too darling, me too.

Short Southern Momma said...

Oh, I just love her and her style! What a bunch of eye candy this morning! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Kristin said...

I don't watch the show regularly...but I've seen it enough to know that she has DIVINE style!

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh lovely guest post, she is super stylish that's for sure and pretty gorgeous.
xxx

Obee Designs said...

Ahh, absolutely divine!! I wish I could be as polished and pulled together as the beautiful but mean Blair Waldorf when I was that age, let alone now that I am older. Oh, the magic of television. Wouldn't it be great to have your own personal stylist AND hair and makeup people???? Of course, being a socialite helps!!
Thanks for showing such great stylish photos!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
XoXo
Gail

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh, I've definitely got the "mean girl" thing under control...just wish I had her wardrobe budget.

Beth Dunn said...

She's pretty amazing! Love her style. I heard she does not like it though LOL
xoxo
SC

*Katia* said...

i like her style too!!
love your blog :)kissssssss

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Completely agreed! xo

Daniela said...

Would die for a wardrobe-swap just for one day... no ... one week!

Najète said...

c'est très élégant Et les tenues de Leighton ont largement inspiré la mode de cet hiver à Paris !!!

Waldorf hotel London said...

"Would die for a wardrobe-swap"
We can make double suicide :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails