Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Nautical Take on the Pea Coat


One of the more classic styles of outer coat, the Pea Coat (or Pilot Jacket as it has also been known) is a garment that no closet should be without. Peacoats have always reminded me of the East Coast, the ivy leagues, chilly autumns, and cold winters. Many come with great thermal liners that allow you to take it from first chills of autumn to the rains of spring.

This nautical inspired version from Topshop caught me eye and I just couldn't get it out of my mind. How charming would this look paired with the new item of the moment, the jegging or a pair of skinny jeans for those of us who don't know how we feel about a jean legging just yet, tucked into a fabulous riding boot complete with a warm turtleneck and all the perfect accessories. I think I would contemplate braving the frigid weather to sport this outfit around town!

Items in this set:

TOPSHOP Tall Wool Hello Captain Coat, $145
THEORY New Nickname Sapphire sweater, $207
VICTORIA BECKHAM Denim Washed-finish super skinny jeans, $295
CHICAGO Riding Boots, 460 GBP
CHLOE Ethel Brown Satchel  $1,000
    EUGENIA KIM Cate crochet beret    $184
GUCCI Large Aviator Sunglasses

17 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

This is such a great looking coat! But I am worried I wouldn't be able to wear it more than a couple of times through the winter - wouldn't people remember the coat and see how often I wear it?

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I am liking this.

AT

Party Box Design said...

LOOOOOVE!

Paris Pastry said...

Great choice! I love nautical themes... in fashion, interior, everywhere!

Modern Traditionalist said...

The coat may be a bit over the top for my personal taste but your other selects for the entire wardrobe are perfection.

Emily said...

SO cute! I'm realy into Anchor accessories these days:) I find that wherever I shop I am looking for strpied blue and white tees as well:) its probably the sense of spring coming knocking at my door:)

JMW said...

I love my pea coat! A classic that will never go out of style.

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Uh-Dor-Uh-BULL!!!! Nautical looks steal my heart every time! Maybe its the water sign in me:)

Jo said...

I LOVE it! Do you think I would look odd wearing it around the sub base with all the sailors?

Jo

the Preppy Princess said...

We love almost anything nautically-inspired, so we adore the Topshop coat, but concur with Suburban Princess everyone would remember it once they had seen it on you.

Thank you for the kind birthday wishes!
tp

Stefanie Valentine said...

Great coat! I love anything nautical! x

Anonymous said...

I love it I love it I love it. HOWEVER, if I was to buy a new pea coat (I am due for one) I would probably go with something less noticeable, so I could keep it for a few years. I love the whole look you put together, Lily!

GS.

Gingeyginge said...

Thank you for your comment...love sailor trousers! gr8 post

Metropolitan Mum said...

The coat is SO cute! The whole sailor look adds a little innocence to an outfit, I think.

Karena said...

Beautiful, fresh ensemble, love it!!
Karena

Blondie said...

I love, love, love this coat and want it immediately! Thanks for the comments on my Victoria post honey. I love her too and the pics are amazing, even though a little far fetched lol. Have a great weekend! Kori xoxo

bevysblog said...

Very sharp indeed! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails