Friday, February 26, 2010

HOME: It Takes a Village


With Easter around the corner (and spring, I hope!), it is time to start thinking about decorating the home with the coming season in mind. Lighter, fresh colours, letting my guests (and Mother Nature) know that I am in the mood for something other than snow and slush.

I love the little festive villages that people put around their homes at Christmas and Halloween, so why not at Easter? Tucked into a little corner, a mantel or if we are so lucky, a beautiful window seat. When I saw this pastel piece of heaven, I fell in love with it and I knew I had to share.





Planning an Easter get-together for family and friends? How lovely would your table look set with these delicious dishes?




How lucky you are if you live in a climate warm enough to partake in a little Easter Egg Hunt and garden party!
Why not decorate your table with this beautiful tablecloth from Williams-Sonoma?


While the adults are having their lunch, let the little ones run amok collecting their Easter egg hunt goodies with these cute personalized baskets from Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn.



RSH, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma  have a stunning selection of Easter goodies waiting for you, click on any of the links to be taken to their site.

How do you decorate your home around the Easter? Do you shower your home with pastels or take a different, jewelled approach?

13 comments:

jamigoldsmith-imagine said...

I love this time of year! All the sweet spring time decor and my birthday :) Lovely blog! -Jami

Danielle said...

Very sweet and as far as I'm concerned, spring is more than welcome to come early this year! My psyche can't take much more of this snow and cold...

Kim said...

It's so funny...all of the country almost is so sick of this unusually snowy weather. Your post really makes us think of spring. My sister would love that tablecloth and I love the village.

Stefanie Valentine said...

Easter comes a very close second to Christmas for being my favourite time of the year! Very sweet ideas for Easter xx

myletterstoemily said...

i adore all your ideas. and yes, i go a little crazy at easter.

blessings,
lea

Miss Janice said...

I've seen the darling Spring tablescapes at Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn...they are darling!

Jo said...

Lovely! I'm ready for an early spring this year. I think I may need to order a few of these goodies ~ thanks for such a bright and cheery post!

Have a great weekend~
Jo

Annabel Manners said...

So many pretty things! That tablecloth from Williams-Sonoma makes me want to plan an entire brunch around it. Have a lovely weekend!

Giorgie said...

I love the Pottery Barn settings for any occasion, but the Easter settings are my favourite. The charger "nests" are so cool! There's a chance I have to host a Big Fat Greek Easter at my place this year and this blog actually gets me a little excited about it.

Padgett Hoke said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my site and the sweet comment - seriously makes my day! I am in love with this spring talk - I am afraid though the second I start to think its springtime, it will snow 3 feet of snow... Anyway I was in Pier one yesterday and they also have a great selection of good easter goodies!

JMW said...

I hadn't seen the Easter villages yet - how adorable! I purchased a new wreath the other day - tiny Easter eggs. I hoping by hanging it on the front door it will beckon spring to arrive early. :)

EntertainingMom said...

I love the pastel colors of Easter!

Housewife Bliss said...

I am really looking forward to being stateside again as they have the best decorations for holidays. I just adore the easter tablecloth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails