Friday, January 22, 2010

Trudging Through the Snow with Style


We had been enjoying some early spring-like weather here in the GTA. The word to focus on is 'had'. A couple of days ago, Mother Nature came back to her senses and brought the cold and a few flurries with her. I can't take frigid temperatures, just not fun for me but the flurries, now there is something I don't mind this year. Why you ask??

 I like to pick up something for myself while I am busy shopping for everyone else before the holidays. I like to call it a pre-christmas warm-up, a little present from me to me. Big or small, its always something that I know no one would ever get me. This year, during my gift shopping, I spied the cutest winter boots I had ever come across.


Sturdy, weatherproof, with just the right touch of pink and made in Canada to boot (sorry I couldn't resist!). It was love at first sight. So cute with jeans (tucked in, of course!) or a great pair of leggings, you can still look sharp, even when old man winter is pelting you in the mug with the frozen white stuff.


In case the light plaid pattern is not your style, why not try these fabulous red and dark grey Sorel 'Tivoli' boots. I just love a shot of red anywhere in an outfit, especially on a dreary winters day.




image courtesy of Tory Burch

 I just love these Tory Burch rabbit-trimmed boots. The classic duck boot refashioned by the patron saint of preppies everywhere, I have died and gone to artic heaven!





I would be remiss if I didn't include this little lovely for the Burberry fans out there!
Click on any links below the images for more information.
How do you stay chic in the snow?




 

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

oooohhhhhh...Nice boots!! Makes my feet warm just thinking about them!!
We still have a snow-pack here....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

James said...

I know it may sound a little crazy, but I get a kick out of suiting up and going out to face Mother Nature. But not as stylish as your boots I'm afraid!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I don't get to stay chic in the snow because Southern California is completely void of all pretty white stuff. But if I had to stay chic in the snow, I would be doing so with Tory Burch or Burberry - love!! :)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Those Burberry boots are fabulous!

BonjourRomance said...

Fabulous boots - I'll try on the first one and the Burberry's.
Thanks for stopping by to visit, it is much appreciated.
Bon weekend

JMW said...

How cute are those boots?! I think winter would be a little bit more bearable if I had a pair of those. ;)

EntertainingMom said...

The Burberry win hands down! Actually I have a pair of warm and fuzzy winter boots that I adore! It's the rain boots I'm lacking now!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I tried to forget about the brand names of the boots and consider which I would wear first and the two Canadian Sorels were indeed the ones I would wear first. They would go with just about anything. The Tory Burch are good too but they remind me of something my father wears to shovel snow (his are Sorel!). Maybe in a different colour? Sorry, other than the fact that they are Burberry, the Burberry would be my last choice. Luckily, as I'm sure I can't afford them. lol

Stefanie Valentine said...

Now they would've been very useful a few weeks ago! xx

The Style Mansion said...

Cute boots

Beach Vintage said...

Cute boots. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage.

Kristin said...

Have you seen these Uggs? Being a Floridian I have no use for them...but I heart them anyway!

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7419664/c/116279.html

Bringing Lady Back said...

Mmmmm... toasty.

Emily said...

Big fan of hte tory burch ones! Great, original and truly useful post! x LZ

the southern hostess said...

Good finds! Love them all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails