Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Look of the Day: Victoria Beckham


 We start off the New Year with none other than the forbidable Mrs. Beckham as the Look of the Day! Some people love her, some people hate her and we all think she needs to eat a few cheeseburgers but no one can argue with Mrs. Beckham fierce fashion sense.
We both loved this outfit from the minute we saw it. I know when we have come across 'the chosen one' when we can only bring ourselves to let out one word commentary.(We ran around the desk shouting 'stunning', 'fabulous', 'tres-chic, irresitable'. We had worked ourselves into such a tizzy over this outfit that I was ready to break out the smelling salts!)

We have noticed that lately Mrs. Beckham has stayed away from the, well how can we put this, over the top, slightly cheesy Euro look and has been sporting some very ladylike ensembles, as opposed to turning heads with in-your-face cleavage and the 'underwear for outwear' look I have seen her sport in the past.
This outfit is a perfect example of her 'new' look (it is rumoured that she has been trying to alter her image to impress Anna Wintour and get herself a cover at Vogue).

What could be more stunning than a winter white ensemble! From the charming hat (which she seems to be sporting quite often lately) to the beautiful luxe irridescent tote (love it!!!), we could not find anything that we would have changed.
I like the slight breakup of all the monotone with these killer metallic-toed shoes. (how does this woman walk around in stilettos all the time???)

What do you think of Victoria Beckham's Look of the Day?




21 comments:

Bonjour Madame said...

I like seeing her in more ladylike clothes like this. Love the hat!

Emily said...

I think it's fab!! She's had an amazing comeback from the once ever so dull posh spice. I say kudos to VB! LZ

Jennifer said...

I love Victoria Beckham. Didn't she have a show a while back? It was funny seeing her meet her neighbors in the Hollywood Hills! I think she is going to be a judge on American Idol!Love her accent! Love her hair! Love her style! Ma-jor!

JMW said...

She can rock the clothes, can't she? Fabulous! I agree, though, she could stand to eat a few cheeseburgers. I'm afraid she could cut me with one of her pointy elbows. :)

Stefanie Valentine said...

I love it, is she wearing a coat/cape thing? Either way it's gorgeous, i wish i was brave enough to wear white! xx

Mommy Lisa said...

I seriously cannot believe that bag. I want one NOW!

Great look!

She is so charming, did you see her reality show? Just charming!

Lily Lemontree said...

Mommy Lisa-I never got a chance to catch her show but I heard that it was more entertaining than anyone expected. That bag is to-die-for!
Stephanie-I thought it was a cape at first but in some other shots you can see that it is a coat. Wearing white(or super light colours)in the winter makes us all a little nervous, I find myself always wondering what the hem of my coat looks like! You just have to be prepared to dryclean the garment more often than its darker counterparts but if you get to look this fabulous, I say it's worth it!

Town and Country Mom said...

The shoes are sooo great--the perfect foil, you're right!

Anonymous said...

She looks fabulous! I love the jaunty hat!-MS

JMay said...

Seriously, her feet have to be numb.

Cute post, love the blog-following! :-)

Caroline said...

Ahhh... I love your blog!!! So LOVELY!!! xo

The Blushing Hostess said...

With the exception of the handbag and shoes, it is hurting me very deeply in my both my professional and aestetic sensibilities but I suppose this free will thing is just unstoppable. :)

Annabel Manners said...

Oh, absolutely. White in winter = oui, oui, oui!

the southern hostess said...

Stunning! Love winter white!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I absolutely adore her look here! She can totally rock some clothes, that's for sure!

EntertainingMom said...

Lordy, I loathe her. I must be the only one!

Lily Lemontree said...

EntertainingMom-you are definitely not the only one. I am not overly fond of ole Posh, quite a sour gal but she has polished up her look and I just couldn't get over that coat (and the bag, the shoes, the hat!). Much better than the tiger print mini dresses exposing hot pink bras that I have seen her sporting in the past, that is for sure!

Paris Pastry said...

I'm in love with this Maison Martin Margiela coat! I've seen her wear it a couple of times now, but this look - with the crocodile Birkin and fiere Louboutins - is my favorite look!

What a wonderful blog you have! I'm making sure to follow!

Jennifer said...

anyone with a British accent has me at "hello" I can't wait to see here on Am Idol. Her hubby has not done too well @ soccer while here? Southern Calif beats rainy days in England...must read up on what she is up to...

Victoria said...

She's come alongway since the Spice Girls and looks super stylish these days. Have you seen her in the Armani underwear ads with Mr Beckham? Fierce!

BaronessVonVintage said...

I like her more polished new look (esp. the hat). Her shoes are great, too, but it almost seems like she's starting to get "Dita feet" (like Dita Von Teese's slightly misshaped peds) due to wearing excessively high heels? Glad to have found a fellow Canuck in the blog-o-sphere!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails