Monday, January 25, 2010

Look of the Day: Kate Winslet



We are sure you are all on overkill with all the best dressed awards lists out there. It seems like there is a different award show every few days and it is all a little overwhelming to look at so many celebs strutting there stuff on the red carpet. Since everyone with an opinion was letting theirs be known, we were going to skip the awards hub-bub but then we came across these images and couldn't resist.

In a sea of billowing and colourful gowns, Kate Winslet stuck out to us. Not because she chose a dress in a dark shade, as few did this year but because this lady was absolutely ravishing in this elegant one shouldered, midnight blue Yves Saint Laurent gown and understated Tiffany jewels. We loved the way the bejeweled seam accented her curvy physique!
The Tiffany and Co. sapphire and diamond dangly earrings she wore were simple and didn't overshadow her gorgeous face (but really how could they!).
At first we were under the impression that this was one bracelet but upon closer inspection, it is actually two, a Tiffany and Co. diamond square link bracelet and a marquise diamond square link bracelet.
Either way we are in love with them!
What do you think of Kate Winslet's Look of the Day?




19 comments:

Kristine said...

I must admit, although she is younger than myself, I think of her as a role model. I love how she stands up for women looking like women and loving their curves. She looks amazing. Wonderful choice!

EntertainingMom said...

Kate is, and always has been, a style icon... a woman of beauty and grace who stands for he beliefs, who is smart and doesn't conform. Great choice!

Town and Country Mom said...

Stunning. And those bracelets! Great choice!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I think she always looks beautiful. Always. She is an inspiration to me ever since Titanic.

Bringing Lady Back said...

She really is simply stunning here. Great choice!

Emily said...

I think it's brilliant! She can always pull off the most demure looks! And her jewelry is just gorgeous. Nice post:) x LZ

James said...

I really like this lady. When you see her being interviewed she is really a classy woman.

JMW said...

I am such a fan of Kate Winslet. She's talented, she's intelligent and she embraces her figure while the rest of Hollywood is starving itself. I just loved her in "Finding Neverland."

Stefanie Valentine said...

I absolutely adore Kate, she's so sweet and elegant and classy and most importantly loves her curves!
I love this dress on her, it suits her so well! xx

BonjourRomance said...

Great choice, she looks so elegant.

Annabel Manners said...

Just lovely. I'm a big fan of her eye makeup as well...

the southern hostess said...

Flawless!

Jo said...

She is simply beautiful! I've always admired her for keeping it real.

Jo

Blondie said...

This is gorgeous. I love her dress! Thanks for the comments on my Jonestown post honey. I always love seeing you stopped by. Kori xoxox

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Oh elegant Kate, always so stunning. A truly delightful post.
Warm regards,
Simone

Slices of Beauty... said...

She keeps it real reall well!
Love her for that.

Lottie said...

shes so amazing! everything about that look is perfection.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the simplicity of her dress and the way it drapes around her feet. She reminds me a bit of a Greek Goddess in this photograph. Gorgeous look of the week!! :)

Tish Jett said...

I think Kate Winslet is absolute perfection. I like everything about her. She has that famous je ne sais quoi, she's more than beautiful, more than interesting. . . Sublime.

Oh, I promise this week to do you proud for your wonderful awards.

I've been crazed with MY PROJECT, you know it's not because I don't love you that I haven't been around lately.

Tishxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails