Monday, January 11, 2010

Look of the Day: Gwen Stefani



It is -15 degrees Celsius (or 5 Fahrenheit for our American friends) outside my door today and it has been that way and colder for the past 10 days here in the GTA. Maybe that is why we were both really drawn to this 'keep warm' outfit when we chose Gwen Stefani for the Look of the Week.

I am not a big fan of Ms. Stefani's usual look, a little too offbeat and rock-chic trendy for my liking but I couldn't help coveting this look that she sported in London a few weeks ago.  Classic pieces (olive green overcoat with some military touches, plaid scarf, shiny wellies) when you really look at the items individually but when they are thrown together on a woman who is obviously very comfortable in her skin and with her unique sense of style, that is where they take on a different, trendier meaning.

"She has an edge - perhaps it's the military green with the bright red in the scarf.
This is a modern day outfit for the grown-up - yet forever fashion-conscious - punk rock girl. I love how it pays homage to 1980's days gone by with colour selection and definite UK influence (love those shiny Wellingtons!) yet she doesn't look like a grown woman who can't let go of her youth because she's incorporated modern trends like the oversized scarf, crisp lines and of course the Wellies I just mentioned."-Giorgena

What do you think of Gwen Stefani's Look of the Day?





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great choice! I would wear that if I could. I'm not sure about some of her stage outfits but Gwen Stefani off-stage usually looks pretty sharp... especially with her hunky husband near by.

Lemondrop Marie said...

She definitely has a great sense of style even at her quirkiest, I love this look.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
January Charmed bracelet giveaway!

elledee said...

that scarf is seriously gorgeous. It looks perfect on her!

www.glammed.blogspot.com

Gingeyginge said...

She has style

James said...

For a while she was sporting a retro look that was fun to see. Like you I think she is a little too punk for the most part,However this is a nice photo on a cold winter's day.

Mommy Lisa said...

I like her look, but she is not getting any younger. She is going to need to rethink the platinum blonde and bright red lipstick soon or risk looking like "Baby Jane" of the punk rock world.

For crying out loud even Brittany Spears knows when to quit wearing some things!

Stefanie Valentine said...

I love her hair and her style, and this look is very nice, she looks warm and toasty! xx

the southern hostess said...

The whole look is perfection.

Kitty M said...

Her style is always so unique and she seems to get away with most of it. I quite like this -Sherlock Holmes with a tartan twist :-)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I love Ms. Stefani's style : ) She always knows how to blend modern and classic pieces so well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails