Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Any Preppy Hostess Would Love!




Tis the season for gift giving and holiday parties and I am always on the lookout for something fabulous to bring along to all the shin-digs I am invited to. I am crazy for anything monogrammed so when I came across these adorable monogrammed soaps at In This Very Room, I was tempted to host a party myself, just in the off chance someone might bring these lovelies along as a hostess gift.



 The monogram (or whatever you choose to personalize these with) is hand carved into these luxurious 100% vegetable based soaps that smell absolutely heavenly.



A super fast shipping time (2-3 days) from Vermont and packaged in a keepsake box, these are the perfect go-to gift to cart to holiday parties or a great gift idea for your favourite teacher.




With a great selection of fonts to choose from and at a super price (always a bonus!), you can't go wrong when you bring these along to the next soiree you are invited to, you might even attract a few new invitations from fellow party-goers once they take a gander at these dandies.

All images via In This Very Room




8 comments:

EntertainingMom said...

I love the look of the monogrammed soap. My only issue is that after just a few issues the monogram no longer is visible. The you have an ordinary slippery boring bar of soap!

Lily Lemontree said...

That's the bummer about personalized soap. I like to put them out in the powderoom when I have a party, some have lasted only an hour into the party but I have had some that still had a visible monogram the next morning. It's funny what we do for a few fleeting moments of presentation (LOL)!

Blondie said...

These are adorable~I need to find someone to give these to. Great post honey! Kori xoxo

bevysblog said...

Monogrammed soaps are the best... we own a gift shop and sell those exact soaps.

Beth Dunn said...

I totally got those for my sister in law one year. But I need some for myself! xoxo

SC

Tish Jett said...

Love 'em. I'm thinking maybe I could get some fab French soaps -- you know we're (they're) known for them over here -- and carve some initials in them. That way the recipients have not only a lovely savon, but also the thoughtful, personalized touch of a DIY monogram.

What do you think? Next I need to work on the keepsake box. That's the thing about the holidays: Everything is so time consuming and complicated.

Lily Lemontree said...

Tish-it's funny that you mentioned carving out the intials yourself, I have been contemplating taking that task on myself, just to see how it would turn out. I think with a steady hand, some sort of carving utensil (exacto or carving knife)and a stencil of the monogram, it doesn't seem that it would be too much to take on. Actually, I thought if you traced the monogram onto contact paper, it might stay securely on the soap as you carve. I think you have inspired me to give it an actual go tonight! Let me know how your DIY goes!

LPC said...

I like these:).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails