Thursday, November 5, 2009

Style Icons that Inspire


Todays post has been inspired by a great guest post over at one of my favourite blogs, Social Climbers (if you haven't already visited Beth Dunn at Social Climbers, you are missing out!). Invited to grace us with stories of her very own style hero, The EntertainingMom from The Entertaining House gives us a glimpse into the life of her very glamourous grandmother. After a look at her chic family tree, it all starts to make sense! (Just look at her dad giving the Kennedys a run for their money in the style department)
I have always been fascinated with women like these, the quintessentially stylish, the ones who always look perfect, act divine and lead these fabulous (and fabulously interesting) lives.


Barbara 'Babe' Paley

I consider myself a stylish gal but I catch myself studying these woman, the famous and not-so-famous women, women we group under the umbrella of 'style icons' trying to figure out what it is that place them just a notch above other women and how I can incorporate their essence of style into my own life.


Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

After all these years, while I have garnered quite a few glimpses, through countless books and the glossy magazines, into this polished world, I continue to be mesmerized by a select few.


Grace Kelly

After polling about two hundred women about who they thought was the style icon of all time, I have come up with a short list of style icons that will be spotlighted over the coming months.


Gloria Guinness

Maybe if we get real lucky, the EntertainingMom will give us a few more peeks into the life of her fascinating hero!

Please leave a comment and let us know who your style icon is!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't Wait to see more on this! Your Friend AT

Anonymous said...

Reese Witherspoon!

Anonymous said...

Always stylish Audrey Hepburn

Anonymous said...

No one can compare to Jackie Kennedy in the style department!-MS

Anonymous said...

I love Princess Mary of Denmark, pls. post more photos of her...Thank you, Eva

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails