Friday, November 27, 2009

Look of the Day: Cate Blanchett





Cate Blanchett was our pick this week in this stunning one shoulder dress and matching velvet heels.
I adore this dress and especially this vibrant shade of purple on the lovely Ms. Blanchett. I was initially thrown off slightly by the singular shoulder pad on a sleeveless arm but I am a big fan of minimal accesories paired with statement dresses and I adore the rounded toe heel she is wearing.
After a slight nudge from my partner in fashion critique, Giorgena, I did come around and can't imagine the dress looking as stunning without the exaggerated shoulder.
While I was busy hesitating with my decision to make Cate the Great my choice for the week, Giorgena shot back with "I love the dress, I love it I love it I love it and I'll take it with the whacky shoulder pad - I don't know, I think the shoulder pad takes it from being any old one-shoulder dress to looking more upscale and special. I love the line the dress makes along the top and around to the back. Beautiful." How could I argue with that?!?

What do you think of Cate Blanchett's Look of the Day?






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails